I was feeling tricky this week so we made cupcakes. Actually it was an extremely strategic move on my part because I really love my chocolate cupcake recipe--I could eat two or three before I realized the horror of what I'd done but I'm not that big on candy.
So . . . the obvious solution is to make cupcakes for the kids but to let them decorate them up with candy so that they get a treat but I am so far removed from temptation that I could sit in a room with these guys alone and never ever take a lick.
Our monster bugs have coconut mixed into the green icing to give them that rough, alien look. The mouths are orange slices sliced in half, the eyes are Lifesavers with M&Ms glued in the sockets. Antennae are licorice strings.
Here are some other great seasonal treat links:
* My Many Colored Days has cute little felt clips--in autumn colors they'd be so cute!
* Finding La Dolce Vita has Bones of the Dead cookies you'll have to see.
* The McIllece Spot has Pumpkin Fudge that really intrigues me--I want to taste!
* Witch Hat Treats from my own archives along with . . .
* A Ghost Cake with Flaming Eyes, again from the archives.
Sponsored by Rick Rack Attack--Vintage aprons that aren't just vintage reproductions they're vintage pieces.
Technorati tags: Halloween, holidays, crafts