Sunday, January 28, 2007

Turkey-Havarti Panini

I've mentioned my deep and abiding love for my panini machini and if you are a sandwich lover, as I am, you ought to love this tasty turkey treat. A side of steamed broccoli or asparagus and I'm in heaven.

12 slices thick crusty sourdough
1 pound sliced roasted turkey breast
6 slices Havarti
1 red bell pepper, roasted and sliced
6 T low-fat sour cream
2 T Dijon mustard
1/4 t ground thyme
3 T finely chopped red onion
salt and pepper to taste
light olive oil

Layer the turkey, Havarti and roasted bell pepper slices on six of the pieces of sourdough bread. Mix the sour cream, Dijon, thyme and onion together and spread on the other six slices of bread. Close the sandwiches and brush with olive oil. Grill for three minutes or until golden brown.

Technorati tags:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is making my mouth water. Hope you are prepared for the snow storm.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Does that look good! I know what I'm having for lunch today.

And thanks for your thoughtful comment on my post. You added the perfect touch to complete what I wanted to say.

Anonymous said...

MMmm that looks so delicious!

J said...

Mmmm. Yummy.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

My husband was just looking over my shoulder, saw your panini, and said, "Ooohh, whose site is that? I like her."

Guess what I'll be making for his lunch tomorrow? Course I'll have to do it on the stovetop cause I don't have a panini maker.

Mary said...

Once again, you have managed to make me drool. I am copying this now. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I literally just drolled on the keyboard.

tracy m said...

Pannini is the food of the gods- I seriously am drooling.

As a side not, I don't have a fancy pannini press, but have found I can use my waffle iron and made a passable sandwich with it- other than the grill marks looking odd, you would never know. So, anyone who want to make awesome sandwiches, don't let your lack of a press stop you!

Nicole said...

Did you take this picture? I would totally get fat if my sandwiches looked that good!! That sounds SO yummo!

Christie O. said...

holy crap that sounds good!!!

Christie O. said...

ooh and for people who don't have a panini maker, i have two words!! george foreman! i swear! works like a charm!